FALL HOME DECOR TRENDS FOR 2021July 23, 2021The time for pumpkin spice and sweaters is right around the corner, and we’re here to make sure you’re ready for the upcoming fall trends of
FALL HOME DECOR TRENDS FOR 2021
Dated: August 16 2021
FALL HOME DECOR TRENDS FOR 2021
The time for pumpkin spice and sweaters is right around the corner, and we’re here to make sure you’re ready for the upcoming fall trends of 2021. How to decorate for fall is a question we ask ourselves every year. There are countless fall decor ideas to choose from, but everyone wants a unique and special way to decorate their home. Prepare yourself and your home for the cool weather with this complete guide to fall home decor trends.
FALL HOUSE DECOR IDEAS
Decorating your home for each season is a great way to welcome the changes in the weather and make your home feel festive. We’ve pulled together the top trends that are making a statement this year when it comes to fall home decor.
When it comes to trendy fall decor, color is essential. Here are four of our favorite color trends this autumn:
- Earthy Tones: Neutral is never truly out of style. Adding earthy tones to your home, such as green, brown, cream, and ivory will add a natural vibe to any room.
- Blush: Blush is back, and it’s better than ever. This rosy hue is the perfect accent color for any neutral home.
- Terracotta: Try terracotta tones for a traditional fall feeling. The warm shades of red, orange, and brown will create a cozy atmosphere perfect for the autumn weather.
- Rich, Saturated Colors: It’s always a good idea to add a splash of something rich and saturated to add a focal point to your home. Look for details featuring deep red, blue, green, yellow, and orange.
Textures are taking control this fall season. Whether it’s smooth velvet or a rustic rug, we are seeing more and more people embrace the freedom of mixing textures and patterns. Fall home decor trends are all about expressing your unique style, so have fun with mixing and matching with some of these textures and finishes:
- Velvet: The elegant look of velvet is timeless. Adding a velvet pillow or piece of furniture is the perfect way to bring something plush and luxurious into your home.
- Tarnish: This distressed and unfinished look is coming back. It works for furniture or decor, looks perfectly imperfect, and is easy to create yourself.
- Wicker, Rattan, and Cane: Simple and airy, these elements work well with both bold and neutral homes. They set a unique tone and add visual interest.
- Brushed Brass & Gold: These materials keep warmth within your home by offering rich and deep colors.
INDOOR FALL DECORATIONS
The days are getting colder, which means more time inside. That’s not a bad thing though, especially if you want to show off your home. There are so many new fall home decor trends to choose from that will help bring the fall feeling to your home. Some great fall decor essentials are:
- Candles: Candles add a warm atmosphere. Try using candles with earthy scents that smell like fall to bring the outdoors in.
- Macrame: Macrame is still here and in style. The Bohemian vibe offers a natural and classic look for your home. Decorate your walls with hanging macrame decor or experiment with macrame details on furniture and other key pieces.
- Chunky Knit Blankets: Oversized blankets create a cozy look and can add a pop of color. Tie your room together by choosing a chunky knit that complements the area.
- Natural Elements: Bring the outdoors inside by using natural materials to decorate your home. Succulents and houseplants are great additions to your home, but you can also use branches, leaves, dried flowers, and so much more.
- Basket and Tray Wall Decor: The gallery wall trend isn’t going anywhere. Add hanging baskets and trays to your walls to incorporate different textures and make your gallery wall unique.
OUTDOOR FALL DECOR IDEAS
Now that the interior of your home is ready for autumn, it’s time to add some decorations outside to embrace the full fall feeling. While outside decorations can feel tired year after year, there is always room for creativity. Bring fall home decor trends outside by adding different elements to your porch or doorstep for a unique and eye-catching space.
- Lanterns: Placing lanterns outside your home has a traditional look that also adds warmth. Try using tarnished or rusted-looking lanterns for a country chic look.
- Garland: Who says garland can only be used at Christmas? Create your own fall garland by using fall colors, leaves, and branches to drape over your porch railing or door.
- Pumpkins: There’s no such thing as a fall without pumpkins. Create your own pumpkin patch on your porch by choosing different sizes and colors of pumpkins. Just be sure to take the necessary steps to keep your pumpkins from rotting.
- Wreaths: Leafy wreaths are the perfect way to dress up your front door. Embrace the fall leaves by creating a colorful wreath for windows or doors.
- Greens: Don’t feel pressured to stick to the fall colors. Adding green and even blue into your outdoor decor is becoming more and more popular. Try using faux pumpkins and gourds that are green and white to change up the traditional design.
I am happily married and a mother to 2 wonderful boys. They are my motivation and one of my biggest reasons for choosing Real Estate as a career path. I am a compassionate, trustworthy, and loyal pers....
Latest Blog Posts
Will The Housing Market Cool Off By Fall? Here’s What Experts PredictNatalie CampisiForbes Advisor StaffUpdated: Aug 10, 2021, 11:29amEditorial Note: Forbes Advisor may earn a commission on
It’s a seller’s market in Central Florida as home prices surgeHistorically low inventory for homes in Central Florida and prices are up 15% from 2020 Default Mono Sans
Planning a Disney World Trip in 2021? Here Are 19 Key Things to Knowby Leap on June 9, 2021 19 OrlandoIt's been one crazy roller coaster of a year! There have been